Aims & Objectives
• Seek the pleasure of Allah (swt) by the teaching and promotion of Islam
• Assist the Muslim youth to preserve their Islamic identity and take pride in it
• Develop a deeper and better understanding of Islam among muslims and other communities
• For our Sisters, much needed facilities with substantial separate praying area
• Establish a structured education system with an Islamic ethos
• Deliver the highest standards of education to all generations in and around Edinburgh
• Educate and nurture students according to the teachings of Islam
• Establish a cultural and educational centre where we can instil the moral and spiritual teachings of Islam.
• Establish Hifz, Alim and Alima classes
• Create a nursery within the Academy
Our syllabus will be delivered in English and will cover all aspects of Islam including:
• Quranic recitation
• Islamic History
• Islamic jurisprudence (Fiqh)
• Islamic belief (Aqaaid)
• Islamic manners (Aklaaq wal Adaab)
This syllabus has been customized to our children’s needs and will be delivered by professional, qualified and experienced staff.
Iqra Academy is made up of founding members and a management team that are committed to excellence and will be responsible for the day to day running of the establishment. We will ensure total transparency with all financial transactions.
Our community is made up of a range of highly skilled professionals, who bring with them experiences from fields as diverse as medicine, IT and enterprise. We are committed to bringing these skills together for the purpose of giving everyone the best possible platform and in serving the communities we live in.
If you would like to get involved as a volunteer to make you akhirah please contact us.